Wild Things is known for high-quality, well-engineered technical garments. Their products have a reputation for performing well under the rigorous demands of military operations, law enforcement, and security details. In fact, they’re currently in use in every branch of the U.S. Armed Forced. This week, Wild Things has a booth at the 2020 SHOT Show, and they’re showcasing some changes they’ve made in the Overwhites line.
More Zippers for Greater Functionality
The Overwhite jacket now includes a zippered pouch in the collar for hood storage. Also, they added some “Pit Zips” under the arms for better ventilation of body heat. The jacket features include:
- Full front zip with storm flap.
- Two front side pass through pockets to access internal kit
- Stowable, fully adjustable, helmet compatible hood.
- Adjustable, elasticized draw cord at waist
The pants now include 18-inch ankle zippers to make them easier to put on or take off. Other features include:
- Stretch waistband, draw cord and 18″ ankle zippers for easy donning and doffing over boots.
- Grommets at cuffs allow for tie down under boots.
- Two front hand, pass through pockets to access under layers
- Rear back storage pocket
- All zippers covered for added protection and to eliminate straight lines through your camo
The new helmet cover features a velcro closure and allows camouflage coverage from head to toe.
Knuckle Roaster Cover
The Overwhite Knuckle Roaster shell ensures that even your favorite hand warmer wont stand out in contrast with the rest of your gear.
Keep your gear covered with these. Pack cover features include:
- Pack Cover comes in three sizes M (3000 in³), L (5000 in³), or XL (7000 in³) to fit most packs
- Adjustable shock cord around the perimeter to ensure a snug, adaptable fit
- Full center line zipper to allow full access to pack
- 4 grosgrain “Logan” loops on the hem to offer additional securing to pack
- Bottom grommet drain hole
Here’s how the company describes the value of the Overwhites product line:
Overwhites provide valuable protection when the snow flies or when moving into higher altitudes and across snowpack. Primary concerns are lightweight, low bulk and ease of donning and doffing. Pack and body coverage are vital. Wild Things has you covered. Traditional overwhites are made of cotton. Heavy. Hold water. Prone to mildew. Our White Out Overwhites Kit does more than just help you blend into the snow. We use a functional and durable 70-denier nylon fabric in Multicam® Alpine Camo that is abrasion resistant, blocks the wind and is treated with a durable water resistant finish. We also added a near IR suppressant to provide additional protection.