Hard Head Veterans is excited to showcase their Micro Lattice Pads – an excellent and affordable upgrade for helmet pads and tactical, or ballistic helmets. Developed in association with Carbon, using their Digital Light Synthesis manufacturing process, the Micro Lattice assembly is a superb energy-absorbing structure.
This substantially improves the protective capabilities of a helmet by mitigating and even preventing head trauma.
The Micro Lattice Pads average single-digit deformation numbers when tested to 1400 fps with 9mm projectiles on our ATE ballistic helmet. Regardless of whether they are at -60 degrees or 160 degrees they still perform the same.
This cannot be said for standard foam pads.
HHV Micro Lattice Helmet Pads
- Up to a 66% decrease in ballistic transient deformation over standard foam pads
- Up to a 21.70% decrease in blunt impact accelerations over standard foam pads
- Lattice construction allows unrestricted airflow keeping helmets an average of 14 degrees cooler
- Pads do not absorb sweat or water making them quick drying, positively buoyant, and easily washable.
- Comfort lattice conforms evenly to the user’s head
- Available in 1” and ¾” sizes
The Carbon DLS process enables lattice structures that absorb and dissipate energy through the precise tuning of strut thickness and cell size.
This lattice structure facilitates the absorption and dissipation of energy by aligning internal damping struts against the directions of impact. With over 28,000 individual struts, the lattice is built so each strut is specially tuned at every point on the helmet. Increases or decreases in the stiffness of the lattice structure are enabled through precise adjustments to the thickness of each strut, allowing the lattice to absorb and disperse energy from various impacts.
The Micro Lattice Helmet Pads are compatible with the following helmets, among others: ACH, MICH, LWH, ECH, Crye Precision, Ops-Core, MTEK, Revision/Galvion, Gentex, Team Wendy, United Shield, and most others that utilize Velcro attachment.
You can find the Micro Lattice Helmet Pad system on the Hard Head Veterans website.